Senior Technical Officer-Lab at FHI 360
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
The Senior Technical Officer (STO), Laboratory Technical Specialist will provide laboratory support
and guidance to staff and partners for a public health project in Kenya. S/he will implement and
monitor laboratory systems strengthening initiatives according to international standards, funder and
Government of Kenya requirements. S/he will implement a laboratory capacity building and
networking strategy and support laboratory training, mentorship, technical assistance, and quality
assurance activities to build the capacity of facility staff, government counterparts and local partners
in supported laboratory facilities. The STO will support the development and adoption
of laboratory procedures and manuals and train staff in their use. S/he will also evaluate
programmatic effectiveness and provide laboratory technical assessment reports to include corrective
actions and capacity building plans. S/he will take lead in the lab-clinical interface to improve patient monitoring and use of laboratory results for clinical decision making.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and oversee implementation of laboratory work plan in consultation with County and subcounty Laboratory coordinators
- Liaise with the various CMLTS/SCMLTs in order to improve delivery of lab services for HIV care including EID, PCR tests, CD4 tests, Hematological tests and Biochemistry tests Provide technical assistance/guidance on laboratory testing processes, infection prevention and control, and quality of HIV testing and HIV/TB care and treatment
- Will be a member of the regional technical team and will take part in the donor review meetings on a quarterly basis and SIMS sites visits
- Development, implementation and review of laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs) to be applied in HIV Care and Treatment services
- Work closely with the STOs/TOs to ensure all facilities are provided with their lab related targets and dash boards, and ensure that these are updated on a monthly basis
- Conduct training and on-site mentorship for laboratory personnel
- Support laboratory sample transport networking in supported facilities
- Provide technical support for the purchase of laboratory equipment, reagents and controls
- Support commodity forecasting, quantification, reporting and redistribution/buffering in supported facilities in partnership with county teams
- Coordinate performance and documentation of daily internal quality control and participation in External Quality Assessment to MOH supported facilities
- Work closely with the HTS lead to ensure all HTS providers undergo proficiency testing to assure quality of HIV testing
- Identify and mobilize NGOs/ FBOs / CBOs and other stakeholders that will coordinate with HSDA in laboratory activities.
- Participate in the various relevant TWGs in the county and supra county levels
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPETENCE:
- Experience in supporting laboratory activities in a donor funded project
- Working knowledge of USG funded programs and reporting requirements
- Documented evidence of HIV/AIDS laboratory training as part on continuing professional development
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and analytical skills
- Takes initiative and able to work without supervision in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards
- High level of integrity and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel for generating and analyzing reports
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
KEY PERFROMANCE INDICATORS:
- Proportion of individual workplan achieved by the end of the reporting period -95%
- Proportion of supported counties and sub counties with complete and timely reporting of commodities using online reporting system -100%
- Achieve Zero stock outs of essential laboratory commodities including RTKs, VL reagents, EID supplies
- Proportion of eligible clients that have VL results (VL uptake) at HSDSA supported sites -90%
- Reduced TAT for VL to maximum 14 days; GeneXpert to maximum 2 days and EID to maximum 7 days
- Proportion of eligible clients with cd4, sCrAg tests- 100%
- Proportion of TB suspects undergoing GeneXpert tests at HSDSA supported sites 95%
- Proportion of sites achieving >80% (Green and Dark Green) score in Laboratory and Infection Prevention and Control program area during SIMS visit conducted by the donor- 95%
MINUMUM REQUIREMENT STANDARDS:
BS/BA Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences with a Minimum 7-9 years’ experience in implementation of HIV related medical laboratory activities in a donor funded project or MS/MA/MPH in relevant filed with 5-7 years of experience. Registered with KMLTTB.