Spa Supervisor at Kempinski Hotels
- Company: Kempinski Hotels
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Kenya
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
Reporting to the Spa manager, the incumbent will take responsibility/ownership and do whatever is required to provide a truly memorable experience for the guest fulfilling the duties as a Spa Supervisor at Kempinski the Spa. He/She shall oversee the Spa in absence of the Spa Manager and have a clear understanding of, and work in line with, all related standards, core values, visions and goals of Kempinski the Spa. To provide training for team members, motivate them and develop their skills.
- Provide guests with the highest level of treatments and customer service according to the spa’s standard operating procedures.
- Must be fully supportive of the Spa Manager and be knowledgeable of all treatments, services and operations of the Spa.
- Responsible for training and monitoring team members to ensure that all standards are met.
- Ensure that all staff delivers special, individual and unique service to all guests in the Spa and Fitness Center.
- Ensure that all staff are trained and monitored, in ensuring that guests receive the highest level of comfort and service, creating a genuine warm, welcoming environment.
- Ensure that all staff handover is completed in the guest journey as per the outlined standard, follow up on treatment experience, expectations and satisfaction and act on any discrepancies.
- Assist the Spa Manager, to ensure the spa is operated in a professional, businesslike manner. Reference and abide by the spa’s Standard Operating Procedures, Policies & Forms Manuals.
- Will take full responsibility for all related Spa Supervisor tasks and duties including the following; Conducting treatments according to Kempinski the Spa menu, standards and outlined protocols.
- As a role model, it is essential you have the highest standard of personal presentation, hygiene, together with reliability and punctuality.
- Perform spa treatments to a highest standard.
- Arrange scheduled rosters for Therapists and spa team and complete reports on Therapists efficiency, training, treatment and retail sales.
- Manage the spa professional and retail stock, providing the Spa Manager with monthly stock reports and spa stock requirements.
- Regularly check and monitor all spa areas including treatment rooms, supervising spa staff, ensuring high levels of hygiene and cleanliness to our set standard.
- Manage the training schedule and provide high standards of training to the spa staff, continue monitoring the team to ensure consistency.
- Assist the Spa manager in all duties required.
- Attend morning and management meetings, in absence of the Spa Manager.
- Be knowledgeable of the process, benefit and outcome of all practiced techniques and treatments.
- A good working knowledge in related treatment products and the ability to be flexible in the same with regards to guest requests.
- Confident working with and fully understanding the health assessment, able to operate with discretion to ensure that any necessary precautions are taken.
- Confirm the scheduled treatment with the guest before starting the treatment.
- Ensure all treatment and preparation areas are set up to standard and any discrepancies have been resolved immediately.
- Treatment room setup should be in order before welcoming any guest to the same or handing over area to your colleague.
- Products must be in place and refilled as per standards and act on any discrepancies, checking why this occurred.
- Together with the Spa Manager set retail and treatment targets, for staff to achieve their goals and incentives, authorized by the General Manager.
- Drive the spa retail sales, by training and role play on recommending retail and ensure all the spa team follows. Product recommendations must be made, to meet the retail goals established by Management.
- Ensure the staffs are well informed on the retail products and their benefits, confident in dealing with guest’s requests and queries.
- Knowledgeable about retail products related to specific menu treatments and able to make recommendations thereafter.
- Assist the guest with their home care program by making suitable recommendations.
- Provide the proper documentation to the Spa Manager, to ensure that commissions are generated properly and retail sales are accurately tracked.
- Have an excellent understanding of all your duties, following set guidelines , SOP and checklists for the Spa.
- Be present and carry out meetings and training when spa manager is absent.
- Great all clients with a welcoming smile and a clear but soft tone of voice.
- Apply the qualities of discretion and maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Be genuinely committed to clients and fellow colleagues— be aware that “Guests bring Guests”. Take care and show ownership of the Guest from their arrival to their departure in the spa (circle of ownership) accommodating their needs, requests, and at all times respecting their privacy.
- Handle any accident or guest’s incident in a swift and professional manner, ensuring it is documented.
- Must have a well-maintained appearance and immaculate grooming.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time, depending on the need of the business and hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- High School or secondary diploma required
- Two (2) years’ spa therapy experience in an international standard spa
- Massage certificate
- Beauty therapy certificate
- Aromatherapy certificate
- First Aid and CPR certificate (an advantage)
- Previous experience in a 5 star/luxury hotel is required
- Knowledge of herbal therapy, body treatments and facials
- Knowledge in operating Spa machines and equipments
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.