Sub- County Administrator at Vihiga County Government
- Company: Vihiga County Government
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Kenya
The Sub- County Administrator will be responsible to Director Public Service, Administration and Coordination of County Affairs for the following.
- Organizing, coordinating, managing and supervising the general administrative functions in the Sub-County;
- Implementing and maintaining effective service delivery standards;
- Coordinating developmental activities to empower the community;
- Providing and maintaining infrastructures and facilities of Public Sector;
- Facilitating and coordinating citizen participation in development of policies and delivery of service;
- Preparing progress reports for management in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensuring timely submission;
- Ensure timely, efficient communication and coordination of all Sub- County activities;
- Participating in development of the annual work plan budget and policies, ensuring strict compliance with the relevant statutes;
- Ensuring compliance with National Values and Principles of Good Governance as outlined in Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2012;
- Ensuring operationalization of service delivery in all the devolved unit in the Sub-County;
- Ensuring efficient management of resources and co-ordination of County Government resources; and ,
- Performing any other functions as directed by the supervisor
Salary Scale: The salary will be in Job Group “Q” and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Terms of Service: Contract basis
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Have vast knowledge, experience and distinguished career of not less than of 8 year, of which at least 4 years in a senior position in Administration and Management in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following Social Sciences: Public Administration, Business Management/ Administration, Strategic management, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following Social Sciences: Public Administration, Business Management/Administration, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, Finance, Economics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Fulfilled all the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya,
- Proven communication, proficiency in computer applications and report writing skills; and have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of Devolution, the County Development objectives/ National Goals policies and Vision
- Have thorough knowledge of structural, legislative and regulatory framework of the Public Service and Administration
- Have ability to work under in a multi-ethic environment with sensitivity and respect for
- Leadership/ Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated high degree of professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Membership of any relevant Professional body will have an added advantage.
Kindly note that:
- County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer; Women, People from marginalized areas and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Salary and other benefits attached to the above vacant positions will be as determined by SRC guidelines.
- All the above vacant posts are on a 3-year renewable contract terms based on satisfactory performance.
- More details on the above advertised positions can be obtained on the County’s website
Method of Application
- You Must Attach photocopies of your ID card, Academic, Professional or any other documents to the application
- County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer and encourages People Living with Disabilities, Youth and Women to apply.
- County Public Service Board does not charge any recruitment fee whatsoever. Do Not Pay Money to Fraudsters because Our services are absolutely free
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview
- Those with certificates from foreign institutions must have them certified by the relevant authority