Subject Teacher at Hillcrest International School
- Company: Hillcrest International School
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Kenya
Hillcrest International Schools is a leading British Curriculum School located in Nairobi, Kenya, with an established status in the region’s educational sphere. It comprises three schools; Hillcrest Early Years, Hillcrest Preparatory and Hillcrest Secondary.
Responsible To: Head Teacher through the Subject Coordinator and Head of Senior School
Responsible For: Student Outcomes
Teaching And Learning Responsibilities
- Ensure effective learning for all students through excellent teaching and delivery of well-planned and organised lessons across key stages.
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Use appropriate strategies to ensure outstanding student progress and well-being.
- Set and mark challenging classwork and homework according to school policy.
- Support the development of teaching materials and courses of study.
- Participate in arrangements for preparing students for examinations and in assessing students for the purpose of such examinations.
- Liaise with parents and support staff to ensure excellent attainment.
- Support extended intervention/enrichment activities to enhance students’ learning experience.
- Manage the behaviour of students in classrooms and around the school.
- Maintain an organised and well-presented learning environment for students.
- Contributing to the maintenance of a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all students
- Support and uphold the requirements of school polices.
- Adhere to the staff code of conduct.
- Be an effective form tutor/year group intervention tutor.
- Be responsible for ensuring subject knowledge is developed and participate in staff training and development.
- Attend team/staff meetings and participate in open evenings.
- Participate in relevant administrative and organisational tasks.
The job description will be reviewed annually, or more frequently if necessary by the Headteacher in consultation with the post holder.
- Degree in teaching subject
- Qualified teacher status.
- Recent and relevant professional development.
- Teaching that impacts positively on student progress.
- Broad knowledge of relevant curriculum areas in specific Key Stage including a sound understanding of assessment and monitoring.
- Experience of the use of data tracking and target setting to raise attainment and identify under performance.
- Understanding and appreciation of the value of interesting and stimulating display and other motivational materials.
- Able to use ICT effectively.
- At least 2 years’ prior experience teaching in a similar level.
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE
- Commitment to, and knowledge of, effective strategies to maintain and raise attainment, in particular to address the differing needs which exist in the mixed ability classroom which includes second language learners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a range of audiences.
- Proven administrative and organisational skills.
- PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students
- Commitment to multi-cultural education; the school’s vision and ethos; equal opportunities policy and practice.
- Commitment to, and understanding of, the wider aspects of student development.
- Willingness to initiate and participate in both cross curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Ability to establish effective and appropriate relationships with students.
- The ability to be a successful team member and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Ability to relate well to parents, external agencies and the wider community.
- Flexible; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Reflective practitioner who responds to change positively.
- Understanding of the importance of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Commitment to being a role model for staff and students in relation to overall conduct to include dress code, attendance and timekeeping.
- Has the potential for further promotion and a commitment to career development.
Method of Application
To apply, send a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and teaching philosophy; detailed CV, including names and contacts of three referees; copies of your academic and professional certificates; TSC Certificate and valid Certificate of Police Clearance to
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Hillcrest International Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students; Successful candidates will be subjected to thorough screening to ascertain suitability to work with children.
Closing Date : 5th September, 2020
Popular Jobs this WeekKenya Engineering Graduates Recruitment at Ericsson
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Kwale County Government
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Zomato Groceries
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Molars Dental Clinic
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Siginon Group
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Oloolaiser Water Company
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Media Council of Kenya
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at World Vision Kenya
Submits CVs – Graduates Trainees at British American Tobacco
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa