Supervisor –IT License Management at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Company: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Location / Work Station: Nairobi
The Job Holder is responsible for maintaining up-to-date Software Assets Management (SAM) , actively participate in software research, facilitate and ensure timely renewal schedule of licenses, participate in software audits, vendor Management and participate in tender negotiations and evaluation of licensed products.
- Develop scripts to determine license usage.
- Maintains/Ensures licence compliance in the Authority
- Administer software usage analysis (surveys) to establish utilization (over or underutilization).
- Negotiate optimal license models with software vendors & manufacturers to optimize on software license costs with a view of achieving sustainable license costs.
- Actively engage and facilitate user requests for allocation of licenses
- Maintain custody of all artifacts required by software assets.
- Inspect received licenses in liaison with requesting departments and Supply Chain Management.
- Track and report on implementation status of compliance audit recommendations for compliance with software licenses terms and conditions.
- Conduct license impact assessment of changes to IT infrastructure to recommend and advice on license optimization.
- Prepare documentation required for processing of payments for license renewals.
- Conduct regular sensitization on Software Asset Management to enhance compliance with software asset procedures, framework and policies.
- Spearhead and Monitor the deployment of licenses on a day to day basis to identify compliance issues in relevant time
- Monitor and report on utilization of software subscriptions and Open source deployment in the authority and provide recommendations on required upgrades/updates
- Participate in cross-functional teams and committees from time to time to offer licensing advice and analysis.
- Deputise the Assistant Manager ICT – License Management from time to time.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001: 2015 and 27001: 2013) and data security requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems / Business IT / Social Science / Computer Science/ Business Administration/Management Course.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Professional Certification or training in at least one of the following areas:
- Project Management
- IT Governance
- Supervisory Skills Training, Change Management, Asset Management
- ACCA, CISM, CISA, Practicing Certificate, Power BI, IDEA
Technical Skills Required
- Knowledge and experience in various software licensing schemes and methodologies
- Experience in license cost optimization strategies
- Expertise in software license management, especially in interpreting contract language, excellent contract analysis and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in developing queries and use of license auditing tools to monitor usage information of the deployed software products.
- Excellent reporting skills through use of dashboard tools such as Power BI, and Crystal reports.
- Sufficient data analytics skills
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have worked in a busy IT environment for at least three (3) years post-graduation.
- Working knowledge of Asset Management technologies and Service Management tools and Databases, i.e. Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), SQL, IT Service Management Tool (ITSM)
- Proficient in developing queries and use of license auditing tools to monitor usage information of the deployed software products.
- Possess extensive research and development skills to keep up with emerging technology and act as software advisor.
- Financial literacy on procurement practices as related to software license and contract management.
- Superior understanding and awareness of relevant industry trends and issues, as well as vendor organizations and business practices within the field of software license management and compliance.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29th May, 2021