Supply Chain at NuPEA
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: NuPEA
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
The Nuclear Power and Energy Agency, formerly Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board (KNEB), is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act 2019. It is charged with the responsibility of promoting and implementing Kenya’s Nuclear Power Programme, carrying out research and development for the energy sector.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the job holder will be responsible for developing, planning, implementing and reviewing procurement policies, procedures and systems to ensure conformance with best practices and compliance with regulatory framework and providing professional opinion on procurement to the CEO and managing all the purchase and disposal of stores and inventory management by;
- Overseeing development, implementation and reviewing of procurement procedures strategies, policies and plans;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of procurement systems to ensure conformance with best practices and ensure compliance with regulatory framework;
- Guiding the management on policies relating to tendering, quotations, public tendering, evaluation and selection, approval, notification and contracts as stipulated in Public Procurement oversight laws and Regulations.
- Managing the supply chain function which includes among others the disposal of unserviceable/obsolete or excess items, inventory management, contract negotiation and management together with respective user departments, procurement of goods, services and works.
- Responsible for coordinating development and implementation of Annual Procurement and Disposal Plans and strategy.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating performance goals and targets for the department.
- In the execution of this assignment, the Manager Supply Chain will be expected to ensure and uphold exemplary Corporate Governance in line with the Government’s values and promote a robust performance-driven culture.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain Management or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Be a registered member of good standing with Institute of Kenya Institute Supply Management (KISM) and/or Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) with a valid practicing license.
- Must have at least ten (10) years’ relevant work experience, five (5) of which should be in a senior management position.
Knowledge Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Energy Sector in Kenya;
- Demonstrate understanding of national values;
- Excellent leadership competencies including analytical skills, excellent organization and coordination skills and ability to make decisions;
- Meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Proven ability to build and manage effective teams;
- Be detail oriented and have ability to meet deadlines; and
- Be results oriented.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment will be for a contractual term of three (3) years, renewable subject to effective performance and delivery of set targets.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package for the position
How to Apply
Interested candidates for the above positions must submit copies of the following clearances and certificates:-
Kenya Revenue Authority
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
Credit Reference Bureau
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) on or before 28th June, 2019 by 5.00pm East African Time.
Applicants to include CVs with details of day-time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/ Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport and Bio Data Form (.doc file)
Applications can be sent by post or delivered to:
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Nuclear Power and Energy Agency,
Kawi Complex Block C, 2nd Floor,
Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road,
P.O. Box 26374-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Or emailed to:
[email protected] (for Manager, Supply Chain)