Talent Specialist at Moko Home
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Moko Home + Living
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products • Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country • Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
The Role In Brief
Moko is looking for an individual with an eye for talent. The ideal candidate will support organization-wide efforts in sourcing for and retaining the best talent. They should have the ability to independently find innovative and creative solutions to create networks, build relationships and find prospective candidates. They should be able to take pride in duties such as scouring through tens of candidates’ profiles from different sources to identify the right candidates for opportunities available in the organization. Additionally, they should be at ease with interviewing a prospective candidate, from junior to senior leadership roles to assess their suitability. Finally, they should have a knack for turning the hiring process, which is known to be boring worldwide, into a fun experience for everyone applying to be part of Moko.
- Identify great potential members of different teams in the company through a variety of strategies. This includes multiple job board searches, leveraging their existing networks and building new ones as well as direct outreach to prospective candidates
- Design and implement talent search strategies to fill priority leadership roles
- Consider candidates for roles by evaluating their skills and culture fit in-depth, using detailed discussions and interviews
- Support hiring managers in narrowing down the candidate pool toward the perfect fit
- Accurately track the progress of candidates through the hiring pipeline, ensuring they are well updated on their candidacy and communicated to.
Bring the Moko fun & spirit into hiring
- Review Talent communication regularly to check that it allows for our Moko fun spirit to come alive
- Ideate new ways to fill the talent pipeline in fun ways with the aim of showcasing our innovative culture e.g. cocktail events, university challenges
- Run & be the project manager of the fun & innovative talent projects that we run such as the university challenges
Relationship building and Management
- Build and maintain relationships with key networks including recruiting agencies and professional bodies
- Organize and participate in key events and activities necessary to build and maintain business networks and leverage them for candidate referrals.
- Support other Talent team members in their efforts to network and engage candidates for job opportunities
- Improve organization allure as an employer of choice by recommending new policies and practices
- Monitor the current systems and strategies to uncover inefficiencies and suggest ways to improve while bringing fresh new ideas for improvements in capacity building
Career Growth + Compensation
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
- Ability to contribute fresh ideas that will help shape the talent strategy of a fast-growing company.
- Strong communication and persuasion skills – you have the ability to speak with prospective candidates for key leadership roles and other audiences and sell them on Moko and our career opportunities
- You are a great networker and a relationship builder – You enjoy and have the ability to engage with new people from diverse backgrounds and form meaningful relationships which have a long-lasting impact on our talent pool
- Quality focus. Just getting the job done is not enough for you. You set high standards and share them with your team
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
- Prior experience in finding, hiring and managing talent is a big plus
How to Apply
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form.