Tech Business Partner Nairobi/Agbara at GlaxoSmithKline
- Company: GlaxoSmithKline
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. As one of the few healthcare companies researching both medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases – HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, we are very proud to have developed some of the leading global medicines in these fields. Our product portfolio also includes a range of consumer brands, many of which are household names around the world, including Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Horlicks, Panadol and Tums. Specialties Pharmaceutical products, Vaccines, Consumer healthcare products
With overall leadership of the site IT team and accountability for IT within a site, this role will ensure alignment between business and IT strategies through working closely with Site and IT Leadership.
- Responsible for IT at a single medium or small GMS site
- IT Business Partner for Site Director & Site Leadership Team (SLT). Represent IT in site governance forums
- Implement GMS IT strategies at site – operating model, strategic controls, governance
- Ensure site exploits IT strategies and has plans to move to strategic standards
- Generate, maintain and deliver an IT Roadmap for site and drive site/business requirements into central planning and delivery through liaison with IT Business Partners.
- Engage with site tiered accountability process and participate in IT Performance Management processes.
- Site point of contact for all IT requests and escalations.
- Line-manage site IT team, ensuring capability is enhanced and on-going development takes place
- Align central project delivery to site strategies and plans
- Drive simplification and standardization for IT systems at site
- Ensure exploitation of systems to drive & embed value
- Management of IT OPEX and CAPEX
- Ensure inspection readiness of IT
- Build Site Business Process knowledge and Technical knowledge of supporting Strategic IT Applications
- Ensure site IT risks are identified and mitigated appropriately
- Flexible Thinking – level 3 – Being able to understand and state different perspectives, or develop at least two different options for the way forward simultaneously.
- Continuous Improvement – level 3 – Seeking to raise levels of performance by establishing an improvement process, or setting specific, measurable targets and goals linked to GSK business needs.
- Customer Driven – level 3 – Taking a one-off, specific action to raise value to customers by meeting a specific customer request or solving an immediate customer problem.
- Developing People – level 3 – Supporting the efforts of others to develop. Using relevant training options to enhance the skills and knowledge of self and others. Recognising the achievements and efforts of others to develop themselves.
- Enable & Drive Change – level 2 – Implementing plans and holding self and team fully accountable for delivering short and medium-term goals.
- Building Relationships – level 2 – Aiming to see issues through the ‘eyes of another’. Being nonevaluative and non-judgmental about understanding the views of others, even when this view conflicts with own.
- Leadership of site IT roles such as Site IT Delivery Lead, and Site IT Service Lead where such roles exist
- Ability to produce and deliver presentations to site and central management e.g. Site Leadership Team;
- GMS IT Projects Approval Board (PAB); GMS IT Project Review Board (PRB)
- Strong influencing, communication, team-working and stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate IT issues in business terms; strong business acumen
- Ability to tailor communications to requirements e.g. remote working, one-way, two-way, one-to-many, one-to-one
- Ability to take ownership of issues, and see through to resolution
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks, adjusting priorities at short notice
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external service providers where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain network of contacts with the wider GSK IT organisation e.g. GMS IT, Application
- Services, End-user & Infrastructure Services; shared services
Lead and develop the site IT organisation to ensure the provision of effective IT services to the site:
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, and guidance to staff
- Support individual staff PDPs, provides feedback on staff career development and training
- Set clear direction and objectives by defining and establishing team performance measures and standards which underpin overall objectives
- Work with staff to ensure that skills and knowledge are developed to meet individual and team needs
- Liaise with other roles within and outside the site IT organisation, to ensure alignment between IT and
Business Strategy Deployment
- Develop a thorough understanding of site and supply chain strategic goals, processes and workflow
- Develop and gain approval for an IT Roadmap containing aligned Business Unit and IT objectives for site by working with site leadership teams and other key stakeholders
- Identify business sponsorship then partner to develop and agree project proposals with appropriate return on investment
- Discuss site requirements / gaps / opportunities with IT Business Process Partners to influence strategic direction of IT services
- Partner with Shared Service management to align service strategy with site and supply chain requirements. Assist in planning, delivery, and operation of required services.
- Broker and negotiate effective IT services by understanding and communicating business context and drivers to IT service / support teams.
Create an effective relationship with IT Shared Services to ensure optimum use is made of IT solutions and that the overall support provided is fully effective
- Regular Service Reviews
- Carry out ongoing monitoring of business processes and legacy applications to ensure strategic Target Architecture Landscape is adopted
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with regulatory, statutory, health and safety and other
- appropriate company standards, including local and corporate IT policies and procedures.
- Key role in promoting good information practice, utilising technology and improving business processes.
Budgetary Control: Manages the IT budget allocated to site represented. Must be aware of site process for raising CapEx projects / requests, and how this relates to IT project processes, and may have
opportunity to manage site-based IT spend / cost centre where agreed.
- Overall accountability for Site IT Quality, Risk & Compliance
Impact of Decisions
- Must be able to present IT strategy to site leadership teams, assessing the impact to the business of deploying IT solutions versus alternative options
- Requires the ability to observe and understand business processes, to determine whether the introduction of IT solutions may provide savings to GSK
- Follow the rules, speak up, be mindful of risks and get involved.
- Cast the right shadow & lead by example.
- To be aware of and understand appropriate commitments/requirements of the Quality Management
- System (QMS) & Information Technology Management System (ITMS).
- Understand and follow the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Take action to rectify or report deviations from GMP or the QMS.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Site and Company Procedures
- People Management Responsibilities
- Number of direct reports: Dependant on location; May have Site IT Service Lead and Site IT Delivery
- Lead as direct reports. This may also require remote management skills, dependant on location.
- Ability to work in matrix relationship with staff from across the enterprise.
- Develop skills, knowledge, and behaviours to effectively lead, manage, coach and develop employees
- Recruit suitable candidates as required
- Effectively manage and develop talent of employees
- Ability to carry out gemba sessions to coach and solicit “Voice of the Customer” and “Voice of the
- Process” feedback, then to take appropriate actions to close gaps, make improvements, drive strategy, etc.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the business areas supported, and to participate as required in the relevant business management meetings.
- Must have experience or knowledge of a manufacturing environment with a strong understanding of manufacturing principles and practices
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IT systems (in particular SAP) and how they apply, or could be applied, to supported business process areas.
- Good understanding of business area strategic goals, processes and workflow, and of the IT tools deployed in support
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and Project Management methodologies
- Familiar with the concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes, procedures, hardware, software and services in use for delivering information services
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to plan own work to meet objectives, and to work independently.
- Knowledge and experience working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma processes and tools.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd December, 2020