Technical Account Manager at SparkMeter
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: SparkMeter
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Come join SparkMeter’s Customer Success team and help increase electricity access in developing countries. As a Technical Account Manager, you will support their microgrid customers around the world as they set up and operate their smart metering system. You’ll engage with their customers over the phone, on video calls, and over email to manage the customer experience. You’ll work to improve customer satisfaction by making sure that their customers are getting everything they need as they build and expand their grid projects using their products.
You will be a member of their Nairobi, Kenya office. Travel will typically be to visit customer offices, with less frequent travel out to remote sites.
Scope of work:
- Supporting SparkMeter’s customer base. This is an external-facing role and they provide remote support for their customers around the world. You’re excited to work with customers to help resolve issues they encounter to ensure they are getting the best experience with SparkMeter’s product.
- Technically assessing new customevbrs. You are eager to learn what makes a customer a strong fit for their product and will work to better understand their business as a whole to ensure they focus on partnering with customers they can serve well and profitably.
- Onboarding new customers. SparkMeter works closely with their customers to give them a strong start with new systems, and to make sure they have all the information and support needed to keep their systems working well. You’ll take ownership of the various onboarding stages with their customers and ensure that their experience is positive and efficient.
- Managing accounts. You’ll work with existing accounts to understand their needs and how SparkMeter is performing for them. You will work with their Logistics team, Commercial Operations team, and Systems Engineering team to ensure they are delivering on customers’ needs, whether for new hardware, new features, or additional training. You will help measure customer satisfaction and be a voice for their customers, ensuring their feedback informs SparkMeter’s product development.
- Improving processes. You’ll help identify areas where the team can improve to ensure they are an efficient, high-performing team and that they are using the right tools for automation of processes and for reporting.
- Being the customer’s advocate on compliance. Regulations vary from country to country, and SparkMeter’s customers turn to them to make sure that their solution will help them grow and be compliant with local regulations and codes. You will build on knowledge from their customers and markets to help guide their compliance team’s priorities and make sure that their customer needs are heard and understood.
Desired Candidate Profile
The right applicant would have the following skillset:
- Experience working with customers in account management, technical product training, or customer support. You are comfortable engaging with customers via email and over the phone and owning outcomes to solve their problems. You are passionate about building, testing, and validating systems to improve customer satisfaction.
- Comfort with technology. While you don’t have to be an engineer to do well in this role, you should be comfortable with computers, science and engineering concepts. You are excited to learn more about the technical concepts behind SparkMeter’s product. A background in energy or software are examples of experience that will help you grasp our product’s changing capabilities and limitations and ensure our clients can meet their objectives.
- A connection to energy and energy access. Their mission is to increase access to electricity in underserved communities, and your connection to our mission will inform your work and connect you to your mission-driven colleagues.
- Uncommonly organized problem-solver. You’re not intimidated by a challenge! You’ll use your knack for gathering information and collaborating with colleagues to create solutions to our customers’ unique challenges.
- Disciplined self-starter. You love devising new systems and getting all things in their right place. We’re a startup, which means we are building systems as we grow and require leadership from everyone in our company for this.
- Empathy. SparkMeter’s customers and partners are based in over 20 countries all over the world and come from many different backgrounds. You should be comfortable and enjoy talking with people who come from cultures different from your own.
- Strong communication skills. In order to connect to customers, understand their needs, and create great documentation, you should have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
SparkMeter would also like to see (but don’t require) experience with:
- Experience using a ticketing system. They use Zendesk to track customer support requests. Ideally, you should have some experience with Zendesk or another ticketing system.
- Industry experience. Whether you are interested in renewable energy, sustainable development, or energy access, having some exposure or interest in the field in which they work will help you better understand our customers, where they are coming from, and their needs.
- French language skills. Speaking French would be highly advantageous, as they have many French-speaking customers (and see a lot of growth in Francophone countries!)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to SparkMeter career website on www.linkedin.com to apply