TechnoServe Proposal Writer-Consultant Job 2016
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Kenya
TechnoServe is currently implementing the Bill and Melinda Gates funded Innovations for Outcome Measurement project whose objective is to promote the scale-up of breakthrough innovations by testing and evaluating a discrete set of high potential, innovative technologies for increasing agricultural productivity, identifying barriers for their adoption, and developing business cases for their replication and adoption at scale through private and public sector mechanisms.
TechnoServe seeks to engage a consultant/consulting firm to provide support in documenting project reports and leanings, together with proposal writing to attract donor and stakeholders’ attention.
The consultant is expected to identify information from project documents and interview beneficiaries (if relevant) as well as identify appropriate photos from the project to illustrate the stories.
The consultant will be supervised by the Regional Project Manager.
- Collect information from the various project documents with the support of project staff
- Record human interest stories in appropriate medium such as articles, photos, videos, for publication in the Technoserve website, brochures and other marketing materials.
- Collate content and appropriate images/photography from the IOM Team
- Produce the text and info-graphics as well as photographs in appropriate layout to highlight success stories, including voices of beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Write and edit the agreed content with a professional writing style
- Revise and finalize the documentation following feedback from the IOM Team
- Support selected IOM innovator partner(s) to develop proposal(s) drawn upon innovations and/or lessons learnt from ongoing work for funding as will be advised by the project Team, December 1st 2016 through March 31st 2017
- 2016 IOM Annual Report, draft due January 16th 2017
- One to two- page brochure on each IOM innovation and their status, due January 31st 2017
- At least four (4) human interest stories from IOM innovations, drafts due March 15th 2017
- Bachelor’s degree in communications and/or journalism or English
- At least ten years of professional experience in journalism, or related communication field
- Demonstrated experience writing successful proposals
- Demonstrable experience of publishing technical, policy, or programmatic outputs
- Excellent English language writing and editing
- Knowledge of photography, graphics and video is considered as an added advantage
- Proven experience working with regional/international organizations
- Ability to analyze and synthesize relevant information to the benefit of Technoserve
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Initiative, resourcefulness, timeliness