TP Manager – Child Protection, Participation and Safeguarding at World Vision Kenya
- Company: World Vision Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Reporting to : Program Effectiveness and Impact Director
Grade Level : 17
Purpose of Position
To provide overall leadership and management of the Child Protection & Participation Technical Program that successfully supports World Vison Kenya’s efforts to promote Child wellbeing Outcomes in line with World Vision Kenya strategy
Technical Leadership and Management, 30%
- Provide leadership in the management and implementation of the Integrated Child Protection and Participation Technical Program in the National office
- In collaboration with the finance unit, ensure planning and budgeting, project funding, expenditures and process are aligned and operating smoothly.
- Lead the designing and adaptation of Technical Program
- Lead the setting-up of the technical standards to be adhered to by all implementing staff and partners
- Approve the technical detailed implementation plans
- Prepare and produce technical program reports for dissemination to various stakeholders
- Review and approve all the technical reports prepared from the field
- Work closely with Strategy &P Program Effectiveness unit to develop practical tools in monitoring and evaluation of the Technical Program
- Develop operating business plan for the technical area in collaboration with the other technical managers and departments
- Ensure that advocacy is integrated in the Technical Program.
- Take lead in the implementation of the Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy at the National Office ensuring that Policy is well socialized and implemented in compliance to the WV Partnership standards.
Monitoring, Accountability and Innovation, 20%
- To ensure quality programming, innovative designs, monitoring, evaluation, reflection, learning and reporting of all projects in the Technical program
- Promote research, documentation and scaling up of best practices
- Ensure the development of the TP capacity to focus strategically on initiatives which generate high quality programing leading to measurable and sustainable development
- Ensure proper management and stewardship of donor and organizational resources
- Ensure that findings and recommendations from various accountability mechanisms such as Peer Review, Operational and Finance Audits, Program evaluations, Program Capability Review, are acted upon in a timely and effective manner
- Develop departmental risk register, ensure its implementation to mitigate risks and ensure accountability
Donor Engagement and Fund raising, 20%
- In collaboration with RAM, develop and market quality concepts, proposals, partner profiles and capacity statements to increasing funding portfolio for the technical program and related grants
- In coordination with RAM Department develop annual growth plans for the technical program area in line with the NO strategy
- Actively engage in funding negotiations with support offices and coordination with RAM Department and in alignment with Regional Grants Acquisition & Management Strategy & the Regional Working Group Decisions
- Provide advice on donor management (government/private donors and support offices) ensuring proper resolutions
- Provide support to RAM in responding to appropriate request for applications for bilateral and multilateral sources in coordination with relevant SOs and management of grant funded program
- Actively participate in the “Go / No-go” decision making process and ensure that all risks are addressed consistently
Collaboration and Advocacy, 20%
- In coordination with Program Effective and Impact Director and Support Offices, develop and maintain pro-active relationships with bilateral and multilateral representatives in the country.
- Maintain effective communications and pro-active relationships with Support Office partners, including visits by donors.
- In coordination with the Program Effective and Impact Director, develop and maintain good relationships with national government ministries, other NGOs and the development sector in general.
- In coordination with the Senior Management Team ensure implementation of Partnership initiatives, capacity building of national office staff and knowledge sharing within the NO.
- In coordination with the PE&I Director, and program staff, participate in national level coalitions on specific advocacy issues.
- In the spirit of twin citizenship, contribute to knowledge sharing and collaborative learning through internal avenues such annual reflection forum
Team management, 5%
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships that support spiritual development of the team.
- In close collaboration with P&C, ensure right program staff are recruited, retained, and provided with intentional opportunities, mentoring and coaching for development.
- Assess and plan for staff capacities/competencies.
- Engage appropriate SMEs for identified training gaps
- Facilitate capacity building of staff on technical modules, through trainings, workshops, OJT, technical backstopping etc.
- Staff supervision and guidance to ensure overall quality and comprehensive management of technical program
- Provide technical support and Matrix supervision to all staff implementing the TP in the field ensuring quality of work is sustained
Any other Duty assigned by supervisor or designee 5%
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education or social sciences and Master’s degree in education, social sciences, gender, counselling psychology or related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with a thorough understanding of all areas of project management cycles in a complex, international development organization especially in development and Relief Projects. 5 years should have been at a managerial level.
- Training or certification in Portfolio and/or Program Management with accredited institutions.
- Demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisitions and grant management for major government donors preferred.
- The position holder must be results oriented and team a player.
- Deep knowledge of WVI working systems, policies and standards will be an advantage
Method of Application
Closing Date : 14th October, 2020