UNDP Job Vacancy : National Project Officer
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: UNDP
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide strategic direction for the project in Kenya.Project Management in Kenya.Raise project visibility through knowledge and communications products.Develop and nurture strategic partnershipsProvide leadership and supervision of the Kenya project team.
- Identification of strategic partners and opportunities for cooperation and promoting implementation.
- Provision of strategic guidance and advice to county and national partners on policy issues, strategic planning, and monitoring and evaluation that will enable the project to meet objectives and expected results.
- Raising early warning / risks with PCU unit for lagging implementation, or poor performances. Provide advice on mitigation and ways forward.
- Preparation of technical briefs, policy notes, analysis and other documents for briefing purposes (e.g. donors, ITC management, senior government officials) on status and direction of the project in Kenya.
- Organize SITA Kenya National Consultative Committee meetings: call for meetings, ask for updates on implementation, prepare presentations, prepare final report;
- Managing the project office in Kenya: includes supervising the administrative assistant, oversight of all SITA activities in Kenya, providing logistical support and back-stopping
- Participate and contribute Kenya specific updates to SITA PCU internal planning and reporting meetings as well as annual work planning activities.
- Work in collaboration with UNDP Kenya and other partners on the day-to-day management and implementation of project activities.
- Reviewing work plans on a monthly basis and bringing to the attention of PCU any proposed changes.
- Responsible for tracking all activities ongoing in Kenya – Report on results on a monthly basis to the PCU and ensure proper documentation (list of participants, NFFs, Mission reports) of all SITA activities in Kenya
- Ensure coordination of the project’s implementation process with relevant stakeholders to ensure coherence.
- Lead field visits and report on progress and key issues to Task Team Leaders and PCU in Geneva. Identify gaps and implementing challenges. Design innovative solutions to address the constraints and feedback into project improvement.
- Support Task Team leaders and PCU Unit in Geneva in smooth implementation of activities in Kenya;
- Provide advice to the Project Coordinator and the Project Implementation Adviser as well as the sector task teams as appropriate, on local technical and political considerations.
- Oversee in the maintenance and updating of files and records of documentation e.g. of inventory of asset procured under the project.
- Where needed, provide informal written and oral translation between English, and native language of engagement country;
- Undertake any other responsibilities as may be assigned in relation to this position, as well as perform other tasks as assigned by the SITA Project Coordinator.
- Regular communication with key institutions / organizations and companies in Kenya to disseminate knowledge products and raise awareness of SITA related activities and events
- Representing SITA at national meetings and events, including donor and stakeholder coordination, and raising awareness of SITA and SITA result
- Provide inputs to SITA communications team for communications products (e.g. newsletter articles, blogs, tweets)
- Support dissemination of knowledge products of SITA and ITC in Kenya.
- Connect ITC Geneva staff with relevant individuals in Kenya;
- Contribute to the production of reports and publications providing technical inputs.
- Facilitate high quality engagement with key stakeholders. Build excellent working relations with related county and national governments, UN agencies, implementing partners, donor partners.
- Ensure that project activities are closely coordinated with stakeholders and teams in Geneva and other SITA countries.
- Providing intellectual and technical leadership. Responsible for strategic guidance and day-to-day management of the project team.
- Overseeing resources management of the team (assets, human & financial).
- Taking timely decisions to meet objectives and escalating complex issues to the supervisor as needed.
- Supervising and assessing work in progress to ensure delivery of results according to performance standards, overall objectives and project’s accountability framework.
- Monitor staff performance in line with performance management guidelines. Provide necessary coaching and guidance.
- In collaboration with the operations team, ensure security of staff and safeguard the projects assets.