Unilever East Africa Job Vacancy : Senior Marketing Manager
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Unilever East Africa
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
On Friday 15th December, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKR are committed to supporting the business’ growth ambition, whilst continuing to follow Unilever’s responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 per cent sustainable palm oilby 2019.
Type of individual we are looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic, senior and outstanding all-round marketing professional to join our new standalone business, independent from Unilever.
The role will report directly into the Regional Marketing Director Africa. The Senior Marketing Manager will focus on the end-to-end mix development and deployment of our brands and innovations across the EA & SEA region. The person will be part of the Africa Marketing Leadership Team with two Direct Reports. The individual will be based out of Nairobi, Kenya with travel at times to key countries.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and resourceful, with a proactive & goal orientated mind-set looking to break out from the status-quo. He/she is fully responsible for the marketing function, which is development as well as Deployment. This includes, but is not limited to, Consumer Insight, Concept-, Product, and Communication Mix Development, Research (which we try to keep to a minimum), Media Buying and development of a strong team.
Your Main Responsibilities: –
- Develop long term category vision, strategy and execution plan.
- Build purposeful brands which are going to be loved by people in your markets.
- Develop and implement brand marketing plans considering local market and consumer insights as well as 12Q plan and full year activity plan.
- Optimizing product assortment to fit market demands and introducing relevant innovations to expand the portfolio.
Skills, experience and qualifications: –
- High Bias for Action! Mount Everest high!
- Entrepreneurial mind-set! You want to have your own company a couple of years from now! But hack, let’s do this first!
- Proven ability to lead a multi-cultural, multi-country team across different time zones (a 9 to 5 mentality would not work here).
- Proven track-record of managing a total marketing budget. You spend what you need to deliver and not a cent more! You are part of the team that owns the total P&L. Every cent saved, is a cent earned.
- You have a strong preference for working-media over non-working media.
- Strong business acumen and organizational awareness. This means, you know what is going on around you always. You see BS coming from a mile away.
- Relevant experience with managing agency relationships (creative, research, media buying) because we will not hire a dedicated team to do that for you. Sorry.
- Strong understanding of media buying or willing to quickly learn all ins-and-outs (we have no intent of hiring a separate media manager either, nor a CMI manager for that matter, we mean it when we say “end-to-end”). Obviously, you do not need to do the media buying yourself, but you need to be able to determine fact from fiction when your media buying agency is trying to sell you more than what you really need.
- Track record of developing and deploying EFFECTIVE communication assets across all media channels. We want to touch the hearts and minds of our consumers, and we want them to buy our products. That is where you come in. You will be our consumer advocate and marketing rock star!
- You love competitive pressure; you think outside of the box (what box?), you would have been an Olympic Gold Medalist if you were not always working that hard on creating consumer love. Every working hour of every working day. It is what gets you up in the morning! It’s a bit silly really. You are part of a TEAM and you lead a TEAM. And these teams are sacred. They are built on trust and mutual respect. And you respect that!
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications apply now through our recruitment portal on or before 20th April 2018.