World Vision Job Vacancy : Technical Specialist- Natural Resources Management
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
To provide technical support in Sustainable Natural Resource Management (NRM), implementation, capacity building, coordination and monitoring functions of IMARA Program within the program sites in the County (operations will be in Marsabit and Laikipia hence either of the two).
This is towards inspiring a sustainable natural resource management as part of the Kenya ASAL policy and Ending drought emergencies (EDE) framework aimed to support increased resilience of vulnerable communities in the ASAL counties of Kenya.
The incumbent will be instrumental in capacity building and coordination of key program stakeholders on IMARA Program efforts aimed at enhancing rangeland management and dry land forest management strengthening tree based value chains and Non Wood Forest products, increased access to and protection of water resources, promote sustainable and renewable energy options plus Disaster Risk Management.
S/he will also be responsible for tracking program uptake, especially with respect to program targets, besides documentation, reporting, and performing other M&E functions as regards reaching the target beneficiaries.
The position Holder must be able to communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Technical Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Program Manager to provide effective, innovative and technical leadership in the IMARA Program towards reaching the program goal.
- Responsible for the in the implementation of the all activities in the IMARA program with focus on Rangeland/dry land forest management, Water access and protection, DRM and Renewable energy options in partnership with partners within the consortium
- Work with relevant ministries, departments, private sector, civil society and partners to achieve program objective
- Provision of technical skills in integrated natural resource management practices across communities and partners in targeted areas
- Develop a program capacity building plan of action for partners, CBOs and Community Owned Resource Persons as per context with specific focus on the key objectives.
- Ensure timely and efficient expenditure at acceptable levels as per donor requirements
- Actively participate in the collection and collation of views from stakeholders for the development of program plans and budgets
- Providing strategic leadership and supporting collaborative partnership engagements within the IMARA NRM focus areas across county.
- Contribute to effective and timely implementation of all levels of interventions and initiatives with communities and partners;
- Collaborate with Program manager, IMARA MEAL Coordinator, Program Director and the Technical Specialist – Environment and Climate Change to effectively support the program to carry out all measurements – baselines, assessments, designs, monitoring and evaluations in accordance with Consortium guidelines and donor requirements.
- Support the program technically in relation to your expertise in the event of any disaster and/or crisis response when called upon to do so;
- Monitor and support the timely and appropriate utilization of budgeted resources for all L&R program interventions as well as ensure effective and timely response plans.
- Together with key partners conduct on site trainings and strengthening community groups in issues on integrated NRM in respect to climate change
Qualifications for the Technical Specialist Job
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on the job training:
- The holder of this position must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University preferably in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, Rangeland Management, Forestry, or Climate Change;
- Minimum of four years’ experience in implementing sustainable natural resource management (SNRM) programs in ASAL/degraded parts of Kenya integrating livelihoods strengthening; with demonstrable competencies in designing, planning, implementation, documenting, record-keeping and reporting;
- The holder of this position must be a results orientated person who can handle a heavy work load as well as manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands and;
- S/he must also have ample experience in public relations and be a strong team player
- Must have skills and ability to provide training and mentorships;
- S/he must be a self-starter, able to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships.
- Experience working with private sector, local communities, institutions, governmental and traditional authorities in ASAL regions;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and representation skills;
- Proven leadership qualities, problem-solving and negotiation skills, and evidence of successful team player;
How to Apply
For more information on the job and application procedure, please visit: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-africa and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees. Application deadline is October 18, 2018 at midnight. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and well-being of children. Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.