Zetech University Job Vacancy : Academics Registrar
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: zetech
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Zetech University is a premier university offering exceptional learning to thousands of students from Kenya and beyond. The University offers programmes in information Technology, Business Management, Accounting, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism, Development studies, Communication and related areas.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology in learning with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
The University has experienced positive growth in terms of student enrolment and programmes.
To support this growth, and in line with our commitment to bring on board qualified, skilled and motivated staff driven by passion for their work and career growth, we are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Registrar – Academics.
Job Ref: ZU/10/25/46
Responsibilities for the Academics Registrar Job
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academics, Research & Extension, the position-holder’s responsibilities, among others, will include the following:
- Provide leadership in enrollment of students to meet stated enrollment goals for the university;
- Manage the students admission process in line with existing policies and regulations;
- Be the chief custodian of all students’ academic records;
- Compile and maintain the University academic calendar;
- Manage the university timetable and ensure teaching and examination timetables are released on time with optimal spacing considerations;
- Manage all graduation related activities for the institution;
- Provide leadership in the design and delivery of excellent academic service delivery across the entire student lifecycle while benchmarking against best practice in service delivery;
- As secretary to the university Senate, and working in close collaboration with other offices, leading the development, review, oversight and implementation academic policies and the University’s academic regulatory framework;
- Develop and in consultation with the DVC-Academics, Research and Extension, manage academic budgets;
- Spearhead inspections, registrations and renewals of registrations of the university with higher education bodies, research bodies, examination and professional bodies and government institutions;
- Provide leadership in curriculum review and development and participate in development and approval of new programmes;
- Be responsible for management and administration of University Examinations.
Academics Registrar Job Qualifications
- A Masters Degree in Education Management, Operations Management, Administration or a related area form a recognized university; A PhD degree in a relevant area from a recognized university will be an added advantage;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in academic administration at a senior management level;
- Informed about the national and international academic trends and issues;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements from the Commission of University Education, relevant examination bodies and professional bodies;
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and people skills with a self driven attitude;
- Good analytical and reporting skills;
- Training and/or certification in Quality Management Systems specifically 1SO 9001:2008/ISO 9001:2015 standard is an added advantage;
- Organized with the ability to adhere to set deadlines and adapt to changing conditions;
- Ability to solve both operational and strategic issues through pragmatic and commercially sound approaches.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of MS Office suite and the internet.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application letters and updated CVs to the Vice Chancellor, through the email [email protected] quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/46indicating current and expected salary, not later than 25th May 2018.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER