6 Tips To Get You a Job With Your Dream Company
Source: Job Search
Safaricom, Centum, PwC and Google are among the many dream companies for Kenyan job seekers. If these companies top your list, look at the following tips:
Keep tracking these companies even before you start the job application process. There are several benefits to “tracking” a company for a period of time before you apply.
How to get a job with your dream company
You’ll be able to speak with genuine interest and enthusiasm, and you’ll likely have a well-formed opinion and several compelling anecdotes to share when you’re asked something like, “What do you know about this company?” or “What do you see yourself doing in the first 30 days on the job?”
Here are some tips for tracking your dream company:
1. Follow the company on social media. Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Instagram. Chances are, the company or companies you’re after probably have accounts on at least a few of them. Connect with them all and pay attention to their updates.
2. Connect with the company on LinkedIn. Follow the company on LinkedIn, view who you’re connected with at the company and who you can connect with, and check the company LinkedIn page for the latest job postings.
3. Look for specific hiring-related accounts. Some larger companies have individual accounts for hiring purposes. Twitter can be a good way to get in touch with a company’s human resources department that might be hard to reach otherwise.
4. Clean up your act. If you’re going to be interacting with a company on social media, you need to make sure your online presence is professional. Review your social media profiles to make sure there’s nothing inappropriate or unbecoming, and check your privacy settings to see who can see what on your page.
5. Bookmark the job openings page. Most companies have a “Careers” section of their websites set aside just to post job openings. Bookmark these pages and make a habit of checking them periodically.
6. Don’t be afraid to reach out to the company. If you have a question – like if a job you’ve been eyeing has been filled, if the company is looking to fulfill a certain type of position – don’t be afraid to get in touch with the company. Just send a polite and professional email asking your question.
Not only will it get the organization’s human resources department familiar with your name, but, it’s a good illustration of your enthusiasm and interest.
Keep these tips in mind for a successful job search.