Republic of Kenya
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
The Russian Federation is offering twenty two (22) partial scholarships to Kenyan students at undergraduate and Masters Levels. The scholarships are tenable at Russian Universities.
The successful applicants will be required to meet the following expenses:
- Return Air ticket – Nairobi- Moscow
- Local transport (approx. USD 250) on arrival.
- Medical insurance (USD 250 per year)
NB: Tuition, accommodation and monthly stipend will be provided by the federation on the same basis as for the Russian Federation students.
There will be one (1) year of studying Russian language for the candidates who do not speak Russian language for the undergraduate.
The areas of study include
Applicants should meet the following conditions:
- Minimum KCSE Mean Grade of B (plain)
- Not more than 23 years of age
- Strong grades on the major subjects that are key to the specialty preferred
- Completed Secondary Education in the last three (3) years
- Have an original KCSE Certificate
B. Post Graduate / Masters
- Are serving the country in the public sector.
- Completed two (2) years of continuous public service since their last degree studies.
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree of at least Upper Second class honours level for Masters and a good Masters for PhD.
- Are below 35 years
All eligible candidates must read and follow the following guidelines strictly
1. Obtain preliminary application forms from the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology offices at Telposta Towers, 27th floor room 2702. The application forms can also be downloaded from the Ministry’s website: www.education.go.ke
2. Completed application forms with attached certified photocopies of ID, academic/professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, other testimonials and a proposal in the area of study for PhD should be sent to:
Director – Higher Education
Ministry of Education Science and Technology,
P O Box 9583 – 00200,
OR delivered to Telposta Towers, 27th floor Room 2702
3. The Preliminary application forms should reach the Ministry not later than 20th March, 2015.
4. Only shortlisted applicants (who shall be informed through e-mail /phone call) shall be invited for interview.
NB: For postgraduate scholarships preference for the award of these scholarships will be given to teaching staff in our public universities and university constituent colleges. Teaching staff in these institutions are highly encouraged to apply