US Embassy Calls For Applications -Mandela Washington Fellowship
Are you between the ages of 25 and 35?
The Mandela Washington Fellowship is looking for semifinalists will be interviewed by the U.S. embassies or consulates in their home countries.
If selected for an interview, applicants must provide a copy of their passport (if available) or other government-issued photo identification to verify eligibility.
The Mandela Washington Fellowship is open to young African leaders who meet the following criteria:
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest and professional experience in the sector/track selected.
- A commitment to return to Africa and apply leadership skills and training to benefit the applicant’s country and/or community after they return home.
The application will collect basic information and will include questions regarding the applicant’s professional and academic experience, including educational background; honors and awards received; extracurricular and volunteer activities; and English language proficiency.
We will also request a CV(with dated educational and professional background), and personal information (name, address, phone, email, country of citizenship).
Additional elements, such as letters of recommendation or university transcripts, are OPTIONAL and may supplement your application.
You can learn more about the fellowship program HERE